Nissan is hiring direct for Production Technicians in Smyrna, TN
You’ve got what it takes - let us show you!
Ready To Make a Change? Start Your Career at Nissan!
Are you ready to be in the driver’s seat of your career? Do you enjoy a fast-paced work environment? Most importantly, are you looking to be part of a team that knows its most valuable resource is its people? Come and grow with Nissan!
If this sounds like you, then let’s get ready to start your career.
Your ability to arrive on-time, follow direction, and complete a task individually or as a team is critical to the success of the team, the plant, and the company.
Nissan is committed to a drug-free workplace. All employment is contingent upon successful completion of a drug screen for roles based in the United States and background screening for all positions.
Our pay and perks for team members will reward you for your time and effort. Check them out!
- Arrive on-time, prepared to perform assigned work on a regular basis
- Assemble automobiles and automotive parts
- Operate wide variety of air and/or battery power tools, hand tools, computerized or mechanical equipment
- Work while walking, standing, reaching, bending, crouching, or kneeling for set periods of time
- Follow directions to work in a collaborative manner within designated timeframes
- Perform safety checks, quality inspections, proactively detect or respond to all safety instructions and alarms
- Work in busy environment with various sounds, noises and motor-powered equipment within your work area
- Operate finished production vehicles for testing (in some cases, not all)
Minimum Job Requirements
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Available to work any shift, including weekends & overtime
- Provide verifiable work history (manufacturing or assembly skills experience a plus)
- Lift up to 25 lbs.
- Wear required dress code which may include shirt, pants and/or shoes, depending on role (uniforms optional)
- Wear required safety or protective equipment which may include ear plugs, gloves, safety shoes, goggles, glasses or other designated items at the workstation
- Some roles may require English language proficiency
Pay and Perks
Pay & Benefits
- Direct hire pay starts at $23.95/hour (night shift)
Raises every 6 months for the first 4 years up to $30.55/hour (night shift)
- 16 paid holidays + 2 weeks of vacation every year
Earn an additional 4 hours of PTO monthly
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance + 401K available from your first day on the job
- Company uniforms provided (optional)
Other Nissan Perks
Employee Lease Program
Drive a NEW car every year with HUGE DISCOUNTS, NO MONEY DOWN & NO CREDIT CHECK
Includes: FREE maintenance & roadside assistance
Onsite Gym/Activity Center
Available FREE for you & your family members (over 18 yrs. old)
We care about your well-being and want you to LiveWell. Our onsite gym includes cardio equipment, a weight room, softball field and a golf driving range.
Available FREE for you & your family members (all ages welcome) Softball field, swimming pool, disc golf and a golf driving range to practice your swing!
Onsite Credit Union
ATM kiosks available in cafeterias
Includes discounts on meds & FREE delivery
Grow your career at Nissan
- Professional training, work study programs & career growth plans inside of Nissan put you on track to expand your learning and areas of expertise
- Tuition and college pay program available - reimburse you towards earning your degree
Have fun at Nissan
- Employee discounts, ticket giveaways, family events, & PAID community involvement events
© 2021 Nissan North America. All Rights Reserved.